Coming from Russia.
Mrs. Pankova is one of the most eminent ballerinas of 20th Century and Ballet teacher on Vaganova method.
She had been teaching on Dancs-Piran already in 2018 and 2019.
In Dancs-Piran 2020 she will teach:
- 3x Classical ballet training in First week of the seminar in Advance & Professional course of Classical ballet
- 3x Classical ballet training in Second week of the seminar in Advance & Professional course of Classical ballet
- Classical ballet technique and Group repertoire of Classical ballet for girls – Advance & Professional course of Classical ballet – GROUP in both weeks of the seminar
- Classical ballet repertoire: variations & pas de deux – solo in Advance & Professional course of Classical ballet – SOLO in both weeks of the seminar
Yelena Pankova is a Principal Dancer, Teacher, Ballet Mistress and Choreographer
- 1973- 1981 Vaganova Ballet Academy St. Petersburg.
- 2000- 2004 Master graduation diploma as ballet master- teacher at the Vaganova Academy in St. Petersburg.
- 1981 -1990 joined the Kirov Ballet, performing on international tours and guesting from New York to Sidney and in all major cities in Europe. She debuted in St. Petersburg in the corps de Ballet and soon as Principal, danced Kitri in “Don Quixote”, and took the title roles in “Giselle”, “Sleeping Beauty”, ” La Sylphide”, as well as main roles in ” Le Corsaire” and”Les Sylphides”. She was also selected to dance the main role in the first Russian Performance of George Balanchine’s “Scotch Symphony”.
- 1991 -1992 Principal Dancer at English National Ballet in London
- 1992. Named “Dancer of the year” in London
- 1992-1993 Principal Dancer in Cincinnati USA
- 1993- 2003 Principal Dancer at the Bayerisches Staatsballett in Munich. Here she acquired a wide new repertory, including the leads in John Cranko’s “Romeo and Juliet” and “Onegin “(Tatiana), in Peter Martins’ ballets “Zakouski” and “Fearful Symmetries”, John Neumeier’s “The Lady of the Camellias” and “The Nutcracker, “Twyla Tharp’s “Brief Fling”, Hans van Manen’s “Black Cake” and Uwe Scholz “Mozart Piano Concerto”. She also danced Nikija in the German premiere of “La Bayadere” (staged in Munich by Patrice Bart in March 1998).
- from 1993 Yelena also returned as a guest artist to the Kirov Ballet St.- Petersburg and danced there among others “Giselle” as well as Roland Petits “Carmen”.
She danced with the Het National Ballet in Amsterdam, Opera de Bordeaux, Theatro Massimo in Palermo, Carlo Felice in Genova, La Scalla di Milano, Arena di Verona Ballet, Hungarian State Ballet in Budapest, Paris opera Ballet etc.
After her great dance career she continue with study of Ballet pedagogy at Vaganova Ballet Academy in St. Petersburg where she graduate with doctorate on Ballet pedagogy.
After that she is one of the most wanted ballet teachers around the world, but today she is also an regular professor at the famous Boris Eiffman Ballet academy in St. Petersburg.